Source: Private collector - 1930 postcard
August 4, 2009
1959 and 1957 and 1930 - St. Louis Institute of Music (former orphanage)
The Institute was founded in 1924 by J. P. Blake Sr. It was originally known as "The Progressive Series Teachers College". It was also known to be an orphanage home at one time. The address of the Institute was 7801 Bonhomme Avenue - Clayton 5, Missouri. This was at the intersection of Bonhomme and Bemiston. The building does not exist any longer.
Source: St Louis Institute of Music website - 1959