The homes over the box cars are in Davis Place. The present Meramec School is not built at this time----at a position over the box cars. The bridge shown actually carried both the 01 Kirkwood-Ferguson and 04 Clayton streetcars thru Davis Place and Polo Dr., respectively, on Central Ave and into the CBS, a situation which only lasted until 1939 when the 01 line was cut back. The bridge also carried the 14 University-Clayton street car until 1963. The use of this bridge by 3 streetcar lines---in this area---was highly unusual.
In the caption---the bridge actually crossed only the Rock Island, not TRRA. The entire valley is now MetroLink and the new Forest Park Parkway."
-- David Bales
Source: David Bales collection